Thursday 22 September 2016

Violet Voss Haul! Swatches & Review

Holy Grail & Drenched Metal!

If you follow me on Instagram, you would know already how much I love these palettes! But I wanted to get a little more in-depth with the products I got from Violet Voss & tell you guys exactly what I think of them. I saw pictures of the palettes floating around Instagram, then Laura Lee on YouTube collaborated to create her own stunning palette, & the shadows looked insanely pigmented & easy to work with. Unfortunately I missed out on her palette but noticed they still had both the Holy Grail & Drenched Metal palettes available & I couldn't help myself, I had to get both! I ended up ordering one of their liquid lipsticks to try out as well. 
Sadly, Violet Voss does not ship to NZ, only USA & Canada. So I had to use a forwarding address, one of my favourites is NZ Post YouShop. It took about a week to arrive to the YouShop warehouse then another week to arrive to NZ after paying for the shipping.
As for the products, oh em geee! haha they are seriously beautiful. Each palette has 20 colours, Matte, Metals, Satins, Big Size pans (1.8g) all Cruelty Free & housed in a super thin, matte black palette for $42 USD each. The liquid lipsticks are available in 15 shades (I got "Wasted"), long-lasting liquid to full matte finish & smooth to apply for $12 USD each
www.ShopVioletVoss.com

♥HOLY GRAIL


Crystal - Satin Pearl White, perfect to highlight the brow bone
Ploof - Satin Pale Rose Gold, another good highlight especially for the inner corner
Thanks A Latte - Matte Cream Beige, I use this as a base shadow before applying other colours
Transition - Matte Warm Caramel Brown, as it's name suggests it's the perfect transition shade!
Hashtag - Matte Terracotta Orange, this is quite vibrant & perfect for any season on the lid/crease
Awesome Sauce - Metal Copper Bronze, holy sh*t this is beautiful, so smooth & pigmented!
Bestie - Matte Neutral Brown, another great transition shade but is slightly cooler toned
Toffee - Metal Golden Bronze, similar to Awesome Sauce, smooth & pigmented
Chill - Satin Antique Gold, nicely pigmented & perfect for a softer golden eye that's not so intense
How U Dion - Metal Bronze Copper, has more copper/red tones compared to Awesome Sauce but is just as smooth & pigmented as the other metals.
Bat My Eyes - Metal Deep Bronze, has a deeper brown base with tons of bronze shimmer
Cool Beans - Metal Gold, this smooth pigmented gold also has some deeper bronze shimmers
R U Kitten Me - Matte Midtone Caramel Brown, so smooth & a little deeper than Bestie/Transition
So Jelly - Satin Iridecent Pink, almost duochrome with a highlighting gold effect
On Fleek - Metal Copper Red, another smooth, pigmented metal shade with a deeper copper base
Brownie Points - Matte Deep Earthy Brown, so smooth & blends like butter
Teddy Bear - Matte Deep Cool Brown, almost an eggplant brown & blends like a dream as well
Glamping - Satin Burgundy, I tried this reddish brown using a wet brush & had trouble applying
Cranberry Splash - Metal Cranberry Red, such a stunning colour, so smooth & pigmented
Wine N Dine - Matte Cranberry Pink Red, a little drier/patchier than the other mattes, but that's to be expected with a matte red. It's still very pigmented.

I feel like I said every shade is beautiful, smooth & pigmented but they're honestly some of the best shadows I've ever used! And the metals are just so eye-catching, one little touch of my finger gave full pigment. I wasn't a big fan of using "Glamping" with a wet brush, it didn't make the shade more pigmented in any way & actually made the shadow clump up in the pan so it doesn't swatch or apply the same now. I think because they're already so buttery & pigmented that they don't actually need to be intensified, they already give the effect of wet foiled shadows without added fix+. This is the ultimate warm eyeshadow palette, you can use these shades in Summer, Fall, Winter & Spring & can create so many beautiful warm looks with the golds, bronzes & cranberries!

♥DRENCHED METAL

Poppin - Metal Pale Champagne Gold

Kisses - Satin Pale Rose Gold 

Confession - Satin Iridecent Pink (like "So Jelly")

Crushed It - Metal Bronzey Gold 

Secret - Matte Neutral Brown (Transition Shade)

I'm So Fancy - Metal Intense Blue Green

Mermaid Vixen - Metal Smokey Blue Green 

Grunge - Metal Golden Taupe 

Minx - Metal Tarnished Gold 

Squad Goals - Metal Coppery Gold 

Frisky - Metal Deep Blue

Dark Desires - Metal Deep Violet

Slaycation - Metal Duochrome Green Brown 

Come Thru - Satin Pale Gold Yellow

Livin - Metal True Copper 

Shade - Metal Cool Toned Taupe

Bliss - Metal Golden Olive Green

Huntress - Metal Deep Burgundy Bronze

Forbidden - Metal Copper Burgundy

Midnight Tryst - Satin Matte Grey Black









There's not much I can say about this palette because it's all metal shadows, bar one matte transition shade "Secret", the swatches speak for themselves. I can't keep saying "They're so amazing, they're so amazing" over & over, you can see how consistently smooth & pigmented each shade is. I've got enough gold/bronze shadows to last me years now, I'd like to see a matte palette from Violet Voss that would work well with the Drenched Metal shades, or a cooler version of the Holy Grail - silvers, purples, blues etc. These shadows are pretty long-lasting aswell, I always forget to use a primer but these shadows still last on my eyes, which is great because alot of metallic shadows tend to lose the glitter throughout the day, in turn losing alot of the pigment.. I highly reccomend these palettes if you're looking for anything similar, they're both quite handy to have, the Holy Grail is perfect for everyday warm looks, glamourous & simple looks & perfect for all seasons! And the Drenched Metal palette is perfect for all the pigmented metallic shades like "I'm So Fancy" & "Dark Desires", grab this palette, a couple of mattes & you could create magic on your eyes! 

♥WASTED LIQUID LIP

Liquid to Matte Lipstick in the shade "Wasted" is  described as a Warm Chestnut Nude Rose. The formula is quite thin compared to other liquid lipsticks I've tried, it's very pigmented but because it's thin it's also very easy to build up for more opacity. It's super long-lasting & a little difficult to get off.. (Try to avoid licking lips & greasy foods for a longer lasting colour) And doesn't have any scent. They have 15 different colours available & are $12 USD each 
(Swatches Top-Bottom; "Wasted" Matte Lip, Holy Grail "Ploof", "Toffee" & "Cranberry Splash", Drenched Metal "Bliss", "I'm So Fancy" & "Dark Desires"



LucyLoves! xx

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful swatches ~ the eyeshadows looks so pigmented x

    ♥ http://kayxcake.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete