Wednesday 14 September 2016

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost Review

Peach Goddess & Ice Cold

Well, I'm not gonna lie.. I completely forgot to review these bad boys!
I purchased these two JSC Skin Frost highlighters a couple of months ago, around the time I was doing A LOT of online shopping for new makeup products, and when I got these I tried them out, swatched them, fell in love at first sight & then poof! Gone in the depths of my makeup organiser..
Well I was playing around with makeup the other day & the look just called for that Peach Goddess glow so I pulled that out again & realised I haven't really talked to you guys about them!
At the time, Jeffree released 4 Skin Frosts - Ice Cold, Peach Goddess, King Tut & Mint Condition Four unique shades for different skin tones & personalities ;)
But keep an eye out for Jeffree, he's working on some bomb sh*t & will soon add more shades to the Skin Frost collection including a Lavender, deeper Gold & I heard a rumour of a Black one for Halloween?! I can't wait to see how that goes down & what looks people come up with!

www.Jeffreestarcosmetics.com
There's a few reasons why I adore Jeffrees products - he knows quality & tests his products a million times over before selling them to us, everything is cruelty free & vegan, he knows what it's like when you can't afford something so made his highlighters massive & totally worth every cent, his killer style & flare for presentation because like every makeup junkie - he loves good packaging! And there's more but lets talk about these babies & how they'll have you glowing for the gaaawwds hunnay!

Packaging -  as I mentioned above, JS has his own unique style & these barbie pink compacts scream Jeffree Star, they're a thick solid plastic & have a good high-quality mirror inside. Not only that but these are fricken HUGE! A generous amount of 15g/0.53oz for $29 USD, about 5g more than a MAC skinfinsish & more affordable being $4 cheaper! These are also super pigmented so you only need a light hand (depending on how you like your glow) & one of these compacts will last you YEARS! But because there's so much product, these also work great as eyeshadow & all over body shimmer for the summer. Try using them wet for a super intense glow! Remember these are completely Vegan, Cruelty Free, Talc, Paraben & Gluten Free
♥SWATCHES

PEACH GODDESS
A stunning bellini shade that has a Peachy/Pink base with an intense champagne shimmer! It looks a lot deeper in the pan, but once on the face it's so reflective that it just bounces off light creating a delicious peach champagne glow! It works fantastic as a Blush topper

ICE COLD
An intense pure white, it's actually hard to describe this shade because it's not just white, it has pearly shimmer, very very pale champagne but also cool silver tones. This is a perfect highlight for fair skinned beauties or on the highest points of your cheekbones on top of a less intense highlight, this adds the right amount for that eye-blinding glow!

I have just a couple of little things I wanted to mention.. Ice Cold is SO intense & so pale in colour that it can almost be too much.. I love a good glow as much as the next beauty babe but this one can make your skin look more textured than it is & sometimes there's the odd chunk of glitter sitting on my cheek... But Peach Goddess is the perfect texture & effect, not glittery just a smooth shimmer, but is a little too dark for some.. I'd Love to see Jeffree come out with a pale golden shade, like a mix of Ice Cold & King Tut? I know it's probably a little too plain for him but I would die for a champagne gold in one of his massive compacts & I'd probably use it on my eyes everyday as well so please Jeffree! Hear my calls for more pale girl glows! Haha



P.S. Please no comments about your opinion on Jeffree Star as a person, I LOVE makeup & his makeup just happens to be bomb! I don't care about the drama, I just want to continue loving & trying products brands create & talking about them to you guys! Spread Positivity & Love for Makeup!

LucyLoves! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment