Thursday 16 June 2016

Milani 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer Review!


I'm back with another Foundation review for you guys, this time it's an affordable one from the drugstore! Milani Cosmetics have recently come out with this new product, a 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer - CONCEAL + PERFECT promising to "Combat under eye circles, redness & other skin imperfections" with a Medium-Full coverage, lightweight longwear formula that is sweat-proof & water-resistant! So I put this foundation to the test for the first time using a Beauty Blender on one side & Flat Top Kabuki Brush on the other, like I usually do to see any differences in application.
I ordered mine in Creamy Vanilla 01 from BeautyJoint for $10.50 USD


"A no mess, no drip pump dispenses just the right amount needed to achieve a flawless look"
I love when a foundation bottle has a pump, it's much easier for applying! As you can see, this foundation is very thick & gloopy.. so I wouldn't agree with "lightweight" but this amount was perfect for covering my whole face with a natural finish & medium coverage. Add a little more to areas that need more coverage, this foundation is high in pigment so I doesn't take much to build up but because it's thick & oil-free, it starts to set on the face & can cake up, so apply and blend quickly! They have 14 shades available and I chose Creamy Vanilla 01 because that is (currently) the lightest shade and omg what a joke! It is seriously atleast 1-2 shades darker than my skin! I wear NC15-20 in MAC so I'm pretty fair, I also know a few people with even lighter skin so what would they use?! It also has a lot of warm yellowy pigments which tend to oxidise deeper also so that is a huge disappointment! I recommend mixing it with a lighter foundation, even a cream/moisturiser! It would also work to thin out the thick consistency.

Before & After
One side using a Beauty Blender, the other using a Flat Top Kabuki
So remember this foundation promised Med-Full coverage, Lightweight, Long Wearing,
Oil-Free and Sweet & Water Resistant!

Flat Top Brush

Medium coverage, blemishes are concealed & it looks very natural! I noticed with the brush it went patchy, hard to move and took longer to blend.. 




Beauty Blender 

Medium coverage, even finish, imperfections are concealed & natural finish. I definitely prefer using a beauty blender with this foundation! It was so much easier to blend out too








How did it hold up throughout the day? I can't say this foundation is very long-wearing or sweat-proof in my experience so far.. It faded on my forehead, chin & bottom of my cheeks. I would probably only wear this on a night out for dinner or the movies where I'm not out for too long & mainly because the shade is too dark haha overall I really like the flawless yet natural finish I get when applied with a BB but hate the fact this is the lightest shade available! I would wear it all the time if they had a good match.. :/  I wouldn't recommend trying if you're any lighter than NC15, but for the price I'm not bothered because I can play around & see if gets better.

Here's a few other shots where you can see the shade, it wasn't too bad in some light but then again..
 


LucyLoves! xx

1 comment :

  1. World Organics is a privately-owned company committed to characteristic magnificence and prosperity. We accept – as a matter of first importance – that excellence is a declaration of which we are: the means by which we act; how we administer to others; what we look like after ourselves. Our items are intended to care for you. Made with unadulterated, Cosmetics Online in NZ, supercritical concentrates and utilizing just the finest common fixings, they are not just bravo; they can help you uncover your actual excellence.

    ReplyDelete