Thursday 9 June 2016

Big MAC Haul! Swatches & Mini Reviews

So a couple of weeks ago, MAC Cosmetics had a few different deals going on for their online customers, which some of you may know NEVER happens with MAC! I think they're starting to feel the pressure of competition from so many other amazing brands & are trying to up their game! Well it's about time in my opinion ;) 
So with offers like a Free Eyeshadow with your order and $10 off orders over $50, I placed a couple of orders & got some newer products + others I've been eyeing up!

I got some things I've been wanting for a while like "So Select" lipstick, which is an exclusive shade for select members on their site, and "Fascinating" Kohl Eyeliner, which is a White pencil liner Jeffree Star often uses in his waterline, it makes the eyes pop & look bigger!

So Select Lipstick
I really like this shade, it's a nice Matte formula, but I'll be honest it's nothing new.. Very on trend at the moment but it's just another Mauve Pink Brown/Nude.
Fascinating Eyeliner
My first MAC liner and it's so yummy and creamy to use I really like it! I never really wear liner in the waterline because I always get such watery eyes but this liner stays on, it doesn't irritate & is really soft to apply - no scratching or pulling. I got the idea to use this in the waterline from watching Jeffree Star on Youtube, it gives the illusion of bigger eyes & makes the colour really stand out!
I also picked up a couple of the new limited edition Mineralize Skin Finish highlighting powders "Other Earthly" & "Nuanced", they're so pretty I had to get them! Wait till you see the swatches ;)

Other Earthly
From the Future MAC Collection, this product caught my eye with the powder design & 3 stunning different highlight shades - Golden Bronze Shimmer, Soft Champagne Pink Sheen & Intense Silver Shimmer/Glitter. I really like applying the pinky shade with a touch of the silver on top, they look surprisingly natural on skin considering how "out there" they look in the pan haha
Nuanced 
Another stunning highlight powder, this one has four different shades in one! Available in the lighter pink champagne shades perfect for fairer skin "Naunced" & one with deeper pink golden shades for darker skin tones "Perfectly Lit". Nuanced is described as Light rosy champagne with fine pink & gold pearl. I swatched all four mixed & separately, starting with them all mixed at the top & then the top two golden & bottom two pinker shades. This also gives a very pretty natural looking highlight
And I definitely had to order some things from the newer collabs! I always live for MACs limited edition collections & the packaging, how cool was Brooke Candy's collection! I was a bit late for the lipsticks but got my hands on "Whirl" lipliner, which I've wanted since Ky J made it popular, and "Pamela" one of the new Vamplify Lipglosses, the two are made for each other! And I fell for Chris Chang's artistic packaging also, but the colours were pretty crazy - Yellow + Green lipsticks, Blue + Pink eyeshadows etc, but I wanted one so bad! "Plum Princess" was the one shade I could imagine actually wearing, and it was one of the only Matte colours, which I prefer for a bold lipstick.

Brooke Candy Lip Combo
The Whirl Lipliner I found dry & pulling to apply, I've used better & I rarely ever use liners.. And the Vamplify Gloss, it's very pigmented & similar to Whirl in colour, it smells like vanilla cake & feels nice on the lips, not too sticky or thick

Chris Chang Plum Princess Lipstick
I love! The packaging is amazing & the colour is interesting & unique. It's like a mid-tone smokey/dusty Violet, it reminds me of Scorpio from Jeffree Star but lighter. It's a matte formula which like I said above, I prefer for bold lipsticks especially purples/blues/greens because you see the true colour in full opacity
And finally I got a Free Eyeshadow with one of my orders! You had the choice of I think around 15 shades, matte or shimmers. I chose "Mythology" because I often go for a coppery/bronze eye on the daily & thought this would be perfect! In hindsight I was I had picked "Carbon" because everyone needs a good matte black shadow in their collection & I have a million bronze shades haha -.-

Mythology Eyeshadow
I was quite underwhelmed with this shadow.. I mean it's a pretty eyeshadow, it's pigmented, it's shimmery & bronze, but it didn't amaze me for a MAC product..It felt kind of dry & flaky, not buttery & smooth. I have definitely seen & used better eyeshadows for the same price or less! (eg. Makeup Geek is way up there if not better in my opinion)



LucyLoves! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment