Thursday 7 May 2015

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

A Foundation Review... 

First impression of the new NARS Foundation - All day Luminous & Weightless 
"An Oil-free foundation that delivers full, natural-looking coverage with 
one drop, for lightweight, 16-hour wear" 

NARS cosmetics is a popular, high-end brand famous for their "Laguna" Bronzer & "Orgasm" Blush throughout the Beauty community, and of course, the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Sheer Glow has been my holy grail foundation for a while now, but I was so excited to hear about this new "All day Luminous & Weightless Foundation"
How perfect does that all sound!?
So, I ordered it from Sephora during their VIB sale in April, And here is my first impression...

www.sephora.com/nars
Where do I start.. 
The Packaging! NARS has always had quality, sleek packaging with their signature,
capital lettered brand name on the matte-black front.
This product is no exception.
Tall, frosted glass bottle, Matte-black lid, brand name on the front. Beautiful.
But let me mention, there is a pump! 
No need to purchase an add on pump like in the past with Sheer Glow, this product pumps the smallest amount so you can't go over the top or waste any!
There is the standard 30ml of product for $48 usd

Now for the application & wear of this foundation..
Claiming "An extraordinary level of perfection with ultra-lightweight, complete coverage & a uniquely fluid silky feel. Ideal for all skin types & tones, it quickly sweeps on weightlessly, absorbs quickly & blends easily for all-day natural luminosity"
Non- comedogenic (shouldn't clog pores) Dermatologist-tested.
Formulated without oil, alcohol or fragrance.
Directions: Shake, Apply 1 pump into your palm & start warming the foundation in the hands, then, working with the fingers, apply a small amount in the center of the face & begin pressing onto the skin working outwards in sections.
So for my first impression, I decided to go with a Beauty Blender on one side & a flat top kabuki brush on the other. I haven't tried my fingers as I really dislike the feeling of it..


I'm VERY naturally pale, as you can see in the before picture, so it's always incredibly hard to find the right shade. NARS has a great, wide range of Shades with different undertones to match every skin type. I went with Light 3 "GOBI" Light with Yellow undertones.
Though I have a neutral balance of pink & yellow tones in my skin, I heard "Monte Blanc" with pink undertones & "Siberia" with the neutral balance of both, can both come off very pink.
I checked Youtube videos & swatches online, and I feel "Gobi" is the perfect match!

                              BEFORE                                                  AFTER

Before, I have uneven skin tone, redness around my nose & a few blemishes. 
The side with my mole or "beauty spot" is the side I applied using my Flat top Kabuki, and the Beauty Blender on the other side.
In my opinion, the first swipe with my brush was easy, full coverage, smooth & set quickly.
You need to work fast with this product, it's best not to apply the product straight to your face & blend. Pump the drops on to your hand, makeup tray etc & buff quickly section by section.
The Beauty Blender caused the need for more product, but gave the most beautiful, flawless, luminous finish. I needed about 2 to 3 pumps to get full, blended coverage.

You can see how luminous & naturally glowy my face looks wearing just this foundation!
Its certainly lightweight for the kind of coverage you are finished with.
My only con or "thumbs down" would be that this product can pick up on any kind of dryness you may have. I recommend cleansing & exfoliating (if need be) thoroughly before applying & make sure your skin is hydrated & moisturised


After a full 12 day of wear (didn't quite make 16) my makeup still looked flawless!
My contour & blush, the blended effortlessly over top, were still in place.
So far, I'm impressed! NARS, you've done it again! 



LucyLoves! xx





3 comments :

  1. Do you prefer this or the YSL Fusion Ink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you prefer this or the YSL Fusion Ink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely prefer the NARS ;) much more radiant, better coverage & easier to apply

      Delete