Thursday 23 April 2015

A guide to concealers

Concealers - How to choose

Concealer - used for exactly what the name suggests, Concealing!
Whether it be a drug store or high-end product -
 Blemishes, uneven skin tone or under-eye circles you are trying to cover
there is a concealer out there for you!
I have a range of different concealers, from different brands, & after playing around 
with them for a while, have found they all have a different purpose & each are 
perfect for certain things, & not so good for others..


Pictured above, are my current concealers.
Read below how I prefer to use these different concealers & what for..
  • MAC Pro long wear Concealer in NC15 - Perfect for my under eye circles & also on the whole lid as an eyeshadow base! Heavy, full coverage. I apply with a Real Techniques Contour Brush & set with Anastasia Beverly Hills Banana Powder. rrp. $20 USD
  • Milani Secret Cover Concealer in Natural Beige (Round pot, Gold lid) - This concealer can get quite dry, I like to add a drop of face oil. When it's the right consistency, creamy yet thick, it's perfect for carving out eyebrows or helping create a clean, sharp line on eyeshadow or winged eyeliner. Not great for under eyes as it gets very heavy & will crease. rrp. $5 USD
  • Collection Cosmetics Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in Fair - I Love this concealer for anything! I use it mainly to highlight under my eyes & on/around my pink nose.. Great for covering blemishes as well. It has a light & creamy consistency yet is full coverage. Best applied using your warm fingertips to blend out. rrp. $12 NZD
  • L.A Girl Pro Conceal in Classic Ivory - I use this under my eyes for dark circle coverage, its opaque full coverage but lightweight so it won't settle in to fine lines & crease. So nice to apply with either your fingertips or a concealer brush, I use the Real Techniques Contour brush for this concealer also. rrp. $3 USD
  • ELF Essential Zit Zapping Concealer in Fair - This product is something different! It's the 2in1 combination of concealer & Anti-bacterial ingredients that fight & prevent acne while giving an intense full coverage where needed. A unique blend of salicylic acid, tea tree oil & camphor that is safe & gentle, it minimizes pores while hiding & concealing blemishes. I lightly dab this product on & around blemishes using my fingertip, as to not spread germs using a brush, to blend then proceed on to foundation. rrp.$3 USD 
  • Benefit Fake Up Hydrating Under Eye Concealer in Light - As the name suggests, this product is designed specifically for under the eyes & claims "crease control". This product is something different again, in the way the actual concealing product is surrounded by a clear vitamin E & apple seed extract layer, which gives the intense hydration that prevents creasing. I also love this product for when I have any dry blemishes or patches around my nose etc. rrp.$24 USD
I hope this helps when in search for that perfect concealer!
It all depends on what you're looking for in a concealer, and what you don't want!



LucyLoves! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment