Friday 22 April 2016

Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit Review (6 Colours!)




Koko K, Candy K, Dolce K, Mary Jo K, True Brown K & 22

YASS! I know a lot of you have been waiting for this review!
I'm a week or so late thanks to my computer crashing over the weekend,
 but I fixed it & can't wait to tell you about these popular little beauties,
Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits
Matte Liquid Lipsticks with matching Long-wear Lipliners
I think we've all seen & heard about these - currently the hottest
  makeup product on the market, they literally sell out in MINUTES!
I was very lucky the two times I tried ordering, both successful but also 
 ultra stressful shopping experiences!
I have 6 out of the 8 shades that are currently available on the site, & I saw on Kylies
instagram & snapchat that she is also releasing 3 new Metallic Matte shades!
After just releasing another new product, her 3 new Lipglosses - Like, Literally & So Cute
I'll be getting my hands on those too but for now, Lip Kit review & swatches below :)


Ok, first lets talk about the packaging. Can it get any cooler OMG?!
We all know Kylie Jenner is well known for, not only her perfectly plumped lips, but her
unique style, it's very edgy, very "ghetto chic" if you will. She loves the glamorous life but also lives for her grillz & sporty gear. So with that being said, the packaging is definitely all Kylie! The lip products come in a cardboard box, (I will put more photos below so you can see every detail) they have Kylies own Lips on them with the colour of the lip product dripping & also framing the box. The teeth have a golden metallic finish like grillz, it's so cool! The liquid lipstick tubes are made of a very very thick plastic, it feels almost like glass, super high quality, with "Kylie" & black dripping down the top if the tube, love it! The lipliners are black plastic (that you CAN sharpen) with the lip colour on the bottom, "Kylie" written across it & the colour name just above. 
I love love LOVE the packaging I can't get over it, it screams Kylie Jenner

Price per Lip Kit -  $29usd + $15usd international shipping (approx $65nzd)
$10usd shipping in US




Tips on ordering -
I recommend you follow Kylie on her Instagram - @KylieJenner & @KylieCosmetics
Also @trendmood1 on Instagram, she is the BEST for makeup updates as soon as something is known, thanks to her I have found no need to download Kylies app for restock updates!
Make an account on her website before restock day - Kyliecosmetics.com 
Once you know the restock date & time - if you're not PST, search the time in Google & the conversion will come up e.g "12pm pst" search & result will convert to your time & date.
Get on your computer or cellphone 5mins before restock time! 
Have your money card ready!  Keep refreshing...
Go like mad putting the shades you want in your cart!
Double check you didn't just about order 4 of the same colour on accident..
Enter card details!! (put your address in when you make an account)
Place order & if you experience the site crashing, like I did the first time I ordered, 
I clicked refresh when it crashed, went back & placed order again, preyed... 
it crashed again, so I kept refreshing until it went through! It was so stressful haha

I ordered Koko, Candy, Dolce & 22 the first time, 
it took about a week to ship out & a week to get here in NZ
The second time I just ordered Mary Jo & True Brown,
those were sent in a day or two & arrived within a week & half!

Swatches in Light
 Swatches in Shadow

Koko  K - This is the lightest Matte shade Kylie currently has available, named after her super hot sis, Khloe Kardashian! Described as a Pale, pinky nude. I found this colour got quite darker on my lips once dry, almost like Candy K but with a pinker undertone. I was hoping for more of a baby pink but I still find myself reaching for it often, it makes a nice everyday pink. Koko doesn't feel dry & fades off nicely but it can look crusty very quick if you layer more than one application. The lipliner is really pretty & soo creamy, sometimes I wear it on its own!
Candy K - The next shade in line, I LOVE this one! Candy K is described as a soft, warm nude. I feel this is the colour Kylie wore often & made super popular! Its very similar to Velvet Teddy by MAC but in a matte liquid lipstick. Its a really pretty, neutral, pinky brown nude that you could wear everyday, this one didn't feel dry what so ever, didn't go crusty looking if I applied two layers, faded off nicely. It's definitely my favourite Kylie shade!
Dolce K - A unique Kylie nude shade, described as a medium beige nude. I found this shade went darker on me as well, its definitely a brown nude that can look different on everyone! I also found this shade to be quite patchy which required a little layering, but this colour doesn't like to be layered! It crumbled & went quite dry looking. I recommend using the lipliner with Dolce, I line & fill my lips in to get nice opaque coverage with the lipstick on top.
22 -  This colour, 22, is the reason I decided to order some of these. I love that rusty burnt orange shade, it's to die for! So unique & so wearable (for orange) It's described as a Vibrant, burnt orange. It almost looks like a red on my lips because I'm so pale. Named after Kylies fave number - 22
This colour doesn't look dry or crumble but I found it faded faster in the corner of my lips.
Mary Jo K - Red, a True Blue based Red shade named after Mary Jo, Kylies grandmother. Red is her signature shade & Kylie wanted to recreate her own, now Mary Jo will never run out! I love good red lipstick, especially if it's going to last hours & hours! I've worn it once & I did notice it runs a little in the lines & can go smudgy. This is the only shade I have that transferred when I tested them.
True Brown K - True Brown K is none other than a True Brown. Deep chocolate brown shade, not too warm/red toned & too cool/poopy brown haha! It's like wearing chocolate on your lips, I love it! I do love a good dark brown lipstick, Dominatrix by Jeffree Star is another one. This colour is smooth, opaque chocolate perfection & doesn't need layering. I find the Kylie applicators very easy to apply with that I don't even use the liner with this colour! This one also fades out faster in the corners of my lips. 



♥Product Review

The products as a whole, are amazing! I won't lie
They aren't the best damn liquid lipsticks on the planet, but I'm super impressed & want more!
I think Kat Von D & Jeffree Star are pretty hard to compare to considering Kylie has just started in the industry & hasn't had time to trial & test for possible errors, she is fixing & improving all the time & listens to her customers wants & needs! 
The packaging is spot on, the colour range currently is really nice, 
the price is in my opinion is very affordable, $29 for the kit = $15 liquid lipstick + $15 lipliner
The texture is smooth, not as runny as Colourpop, not as thick as Kat Von D, not moussey like Jeffree Star. It doesn't feel like you're wearing anything on your lips, I can rub them together without it crumbling off (unless layered like mentioned above)
The smell is one thing some people might not like, it's grown on me. It's a very strong vanilla scent, as soon as I opened one I thought "Alcohol?" It smells like Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur hahah but it doesn't linger on your lips all day & you can't smell it once dried to matte.
A few cons - the customer service could use some help, the opacity for Dolce & the lipline running for Mary Jo. Otherwise I LOVE these & highly recommend you try atleast one of her kits!
I'd say a nice nude like Candy K that looks great on everyone, or Mary Jo, a classic red that every woman needs, or 22 because its so unique!


♥Dupes?
I will admit, finding exact dupes for some of these colours was really hard!
Koko, Candy & Dolce were pretty hard to match with anything in my collection..
True Brown K - Jeffree Star "Dominatrix", Colourpop "Limbo", Ofra Cosmetics "Brooklyn"
Mary Jo K - Black Moon "Sanguis", Kat Von D "Outlaw", LA Splash "Poison Apple"
22 - Black Moon "Harvest", Ofra Cosmetics "Miami Fever", Limecrime "Pumpkin"
Dolce - Colourpop "Chi" & "Beeper"(more mauve), Gerard Cosmetics "Iced Mocha"
Candy K - MAC "Velvet Teddy"(lighter), Kat Von D "Lolita"(deeper)
Koko K - Colourpop "Midi", MAC "Blankety"

What I've found so far! Hope some of these help ;)

I hope I covered everything but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here or on my Instagram - Lucymaria_x
Also don't forget to tag Kylie & Kylie Cosmetics on instagram if you order any, I got reposted twice!



LucyLoves! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment