Saturday 13 June 2015

MAC Wash & Dry Collection

MAC Summer Collection Swatches

This stunning Summer collection, Wash & Dry, hit stores in NZ June 1st 
And let me say, even though it's Winter here I couldn't wait to get my hands on some of these 
gorgeous bronzey products! 
"A breezy, bronzing collection inspired by bright, fresh hues - set your cycle to chic!" 
I managed to pick up the three items I was interested in, Bronzing powder, Lipstick & the 
eye-catching, gradient highlight powder! Check out Swatches Below
Maccosmetics.com still has a few products from this collection left so get in quick!  

www.maccosmetics.com

First, I would just like to mention the packaging..
Um could this collection get any prettier! The gradient Blue, orange to yellow..?
Stunning reminiscent of summer! I miss the sun...
Any way, there is one downfall with this packaging, it feels slightly cheaper compared to classic MAC packaging, but the beauty in these products far outweigh that minor negative.

 SWATCHES 


Wash & Dry Bronzing Powder 
- "Matte Bronze" $27.50USD, $50NZD, $39AUD

This bronzer is a product I was planning on purchasing but never got around to it, when it came out in this amazing limited edition packaging, it was the time! It's actually a perfect neutral, matte brown for a natural looking contour & bronzed glow. I'm in love now & very happy with this purchase! This product is still available on Maccosmetics.com/maccosmetics.com.au
Wash & Dry Lustre Lipstick
- "Tumble Dry" $17USD, $44NZD, $40AUD

I was so excited to try this lipstick! It was a beautiful light peach on the website. I have never tried a Lustre lipstick from MAC before, but I have heard a few people say they're not the best formula,
I was just disappointed by the opacity of this, it's a sheer buildable peach, I was hoping for more pigmentation, maybe something similar to MAC "Sweet & Sour" but in a way, I'm still happy with this product, I like it to throw in my handbag for a quick application of colour during the day! 
This is also available on maccosmetics.com USA ;)




First swatch - one swipe of colour
<-----
Second swatch - full opacity


Wash & Dry Highlight Powder
- "Freshen Up" $35.50USD, $66NZD, $51AUD

Oh..My..Goodness...how utterly amazing does this highlight powder look?! 
"Featuring a unique gradation of three shades in one pan, from pastel banana, through fuzzy peach to mid-coral. With an embossed design & pearlized over-spray, this is truly a collector's piece"
This product is described as a highlight powder, though once the glittery golden
over-spray is brushed off you're left with three matte shades. I will continue to use this once the sparkle has disappeared, as a blush & face brightening powder, but I'm unsure of how some darker skintones (NC/NW35+) will be able to get further use out of this product..




<---- Bottom Swatch is all 3 mixed together






Make sure you run in store & see what you can grab from this 
limited edition collection or check online! This is one collection you'll want get a piece of! 
Even if it's just because the packaging is so stunning...



LucyLoves! xx

No comments :

Post a Comment